Cornea and Refractive Atlas of Clinical Wisdom PDF Free Download
Cornea and Refractive Atlas of Clinical Wisdom, edited by Dr. Samir A. Melki and Dr. Mark A. Fava, gathers unique observations that experienced eye surgeons have learned in their daily treatment of patients. Each chapter begins with a detailed description of the condition from diagnosis to symptoms to complications to eventual treatment methods.
• Practical tips, as opposed to the theoretical aspects of the disease.
• Diagnostic and medical management of the disease.
• Anecdotal experience that has been proven correct over the years vs. the type of information that is awaited for from a large clinical trial.
• Full color images reinforce the information presented in the book.
Cornea and Refractive Atlas of Clinical Wisdom also includes a condensed summary of diagnostic pearls acquired through the years from personal experience with a focus on diagnosis and medical management.
Some Topics Include:
• Imaging and diagnostics:
o IOL Power, corneal topography
• Ocular surface disorders:
o Ocular chemical injury, dry eye syndrome
• Infectious disease:
o Fungal keratitis, epidemic keratoconjunctivitis
• Inflammatory Diseases:
o Scleritis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome
• Neoplasia and epithelial downgrowth:
o Melanocytic lesions of the ocular surface
• Dystrophies and degeneration:
o Keratoconus, corneal transplant rejection
• Refractive Surgery:
o LASIK flap folds, corneal ectasia after LASIK
All ophthalmologists, regardless of level of experience, will have an interest in the clinical diagnosis and medical management information gathered inside the pages of Cornea and Refractive Atlas of Clinical Wisdom.